Building Affordable, Performant, and Scalable Services
Note: This book is currently in Early Release.
Don’t you think it’s about time to learn the technology that is changing the face of the software industry? Do you want to launch your software for no cost? Do you want to scale to millions of customers without having to rewrite your entire application? Then it’s time you learn and embrace Serverless Technologies.
Advantages of Serverless:
- Only pay for your traffic. You don’t pay for a server sitting idle waiting for a connection. Only get charged for the time your code is actively running!
- Scale to 10’s of millions of customers. Each request is handled separately, which means nearly infinite scalability.
- Launch faster. Less infrastructure. Less boilerplate. Less code. Focus on your business logic and user interface and leave the rest to the framework. Launch in days or weeks instead of months or years.
- Time for user experience. Less time worrying about infrastructure means a lot more time to dedicate to the user experience and feature development. Happier customers means more money.
- Decreased latency. AWS Serverless technologies are globally distributed which means lower latencies for all of your customers.
What you will learn:
- How to set up the Serverless Framework with AWS.
- Building RESTful web interfaces with AWS Lambda and API Gateway.
- Using DynamoDB as a serverless database
- Adding authentication with AWS Cognito
- Hosting serverless web applications with S3
- Creating User Interfaces with VueJS
What you should already know:
- Familiarity with RESTful services.
- Familiarity with modern web application development (i.e. AJAX, HTML5, CSS, JSON, etc.)
This book is a hands-on guide to building SaaS applications using serverless technology. We will be building a SaaS application from scratch to illustrate all of the parts of a full stack serverless application. So, what are you waiting for? Get started today!